Monday, March 28, 2011

Technological Madness - Gremlin Edition

I think that it has been more than proven over the last several years that I have a bad case of the Gremlins.

Tech Gremlins.

They started by crashing the server where my website was originally hosted, causing mine, and Randy's various sites to go down. So Randy got himself his own server. Sadly, my site was never the same as I lack the know how to make it look like what was in my head and the money to buy a template. BUT, at least I had an @bubblycreations email address. Then this blog, then twitter. Then facebook. And now, a website that I can update easily which is hosted on Artfire. Phew!

But no sooner did I have that website up and running but my email went down. And I lost all the awesomeness that I had stored in there. Again. Right in the middle of negotioations with a potential custom paper company who porbably thinks I have flaked out compeltely. Not so. I just lost his number. After waiting awhile for the envyds site to start working again, I decided to go the ghetto route and use gmail. I can now be found at gina.bubblycreations@gmail.com.

The Gremlins have struck again. They went mobile and the sim card on the bubble phone went bad. It doesn't ring often but maybe it would if it worked. Sigh. That phone number is everywhere. I'm going to see if the AT&T store can fix it, and if not, I'm going to research pay as you go options so that I'm only paying for actual use of the phone, and so that I can have a text plan (I love to twitter by text!!). I'm already going to buy Captain Caveman out of the contract so he doesn't have to deal with it anymore.

I suppose I could have more complicated problems, so I am thankful that they are fairly minor. It's just difficult, in this tech savy mobile, internet driven society to maintain an active presence when the gremlins keep sneaking in.

No comments:

Post a Comment