Friday, August 2, 2013

On Inspiration and Drive

Sometimes it lags.

And sometimes, it explodes!

I'm in an explosion phase right now, working on solidifying my brand and reaching out for marketing opportunities. Accepting the help of the many, many people, experts in their fields, who have offered it over the years and recent days.

I'm accepting that I can't do it all on my own and that I don't know everything, which is difficult because I really do know a lot. But not everything. We can't know everything.

When you're a sole proprietor, it's easy to get tunnel vision and to think that your way is the only way. To forget that the input of others is very, very important.

It's also amazing where opportunity pops up. And so often, it is easy NOT to pick that low hanging fruit because you think it will be there when you are ready to pick it.

But "opportunity is not a lengthy visitor", to quote Into The Woods.

I know, I'm rambling. And I'm not giving a lot of information, but truth be told, I'm in a planning and gathering phase and I don't want to announce I'm doing something only to not get it done.

So there you have it. The wild state of my little soapy passion.

Hold your breath, I'm about to leap across a chasm. Not off a cliff, that will come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment